Gearbest Banner

Friday, October 16, 2009

Remember Shakti - Live at Symphony Space, New York City, USA, June 27th, 1999 [FLAC]



Easy Ed notes: I believe I probably received this shortly after it was recorded. I am assuming that this DAT was sent to me by the person who recorded it, though I have no record of their name. I don't recall ever asking for this recording - I think it was sent to me because the person who recorded it was proud of his recording and thought I'd like to have a copy. I am also assuming that it is a digital clone direct from the DAT master, as all good, knowledgeble traders in those days would only have made a digital transfer: only lame-ass idiots would make an analog copy of a DAT. And a taper using Schoeps and a Sonosax wouldn't likely be that lame. * I'm assuming the 'Sonosax' referenced is the SX-M2 microphone preamp http://www.sonosax.ch/discontinued/sxm2m1/sxm2m1_index.html).


Audience recording


Taper unknown

Source: Schoeps CM654 > Sonosax* > D8 DAT > digital DAT clone

Transfer by Easy Ed: Sony PCM-R500 > coax digital out > Sek'd Prodif Plus > Sound Forge (24 bit, tracking, change bit depth, export to .wav files) > 16 bit .wav files > FLAC level 8 encoding align on sector boundaries (not burned to cdr, no EAC)


Excellent sound, extremely hot show !!!


Musicians:

John McLaughlin - guitar
Zakir Hussain - tabla
U. Srinivas - c. mandolin
Selva Ganesh - kunjira


Setlist:


First set:


01 introductions
02 5 In The Morning, 6 In The Afternoon
03 Anna
04 Maya

TT 1h08m14s


Second set:


01 Lotus Feet
02 La Danse Du Bonheur
03 Finding The Way
04 The Wish
05 The Wish (cont'd)

TT 45m06s



Enjoy !!!



Links in comments
Gearbest Banner