Gearbest Banner

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Chick Corea, Stanley Clarke, Lenny White - Live at Le Grand Rex, Paris, France, October 20, 2009 [Audio + Bonus Video] [FLAC]




LDB Master Series #210



The nice thing about this show is how flexible these musicians are. I saw them plus Al DiMeola 15 months earlier playing the hardest fusion music and now here they are to perform soft jazz in a trio outfit. A few funny accidents during the reconding of this show: 1) the line to enter the balcony was too long and the people supposed to assign your set too slow. Result: when I was still queueing to the balcony the concert started, so the first few minutes the sound is a bit worse. 2) I had to change the batteries so i waited untill the end of a track to do it. While trying to put new batteries into the R-09 the memory card got removed and fell in the dark! Luckily Chick called for a 15 minutes interval so I did not lose any music while searching for the card!

The show was too short and only one encore was played, Also Chick who usually is very talkative to the audience did not say a word. Overall the music was ok but not as good as I expected...maybe it's just me.

I try a new experiment for the new masters, including one video footage from the show done with my camera. I always do it to keep a visual souvenir of the show but for the first time I share it with you. Don't expect anything professional but maybe you will like to see how the show looked like.

Regardless, enjoy!

ldb


Lineage: Aiwa CM-DS6 > Edirol R-09 > HD via USB > SoundForge 7.0 > CD Wave > FLAC Frontend (level 6)


Musicians:

Chick Corea - piano
Stanley Clarke - bass
Lenny White - drums


Setlist:

01.???
02.Waltz For Debby
03.On Green Dolphin Street
04.No Mystery
05.500 Miles High
06.???
07.???
08.Spain

TT 106:15



Enjoy !!!



Links in comments
Gearbest Banner